Due to the nature of the product, it is imperative to take these steps for optimal candle performance and safety.
- Never leave burning candle unattended.
- Always keep candle in an open space and avoid moving when lit.
- Allow candle to cool completely before re-lighting
- Trim wick regularly. After the candle has been burned for long periods of time (3-4 hours), carbon begins to accumulate in a mushroom shape causing candles to burn hotter and soot to form. Clip wick to about 1/4 inch to prevent wax pool from overcoming the flame.
- Extinguish candle if it smokes continuously or flame is dancing volatilely. This means the wick needs to be trimmed. Let the candle cool, trim the wick and re-light.
- Keep candle covered when storing to protect from dust and debris.